Monday, February 13, 2012

project life 2012 - week four

I had a lot of fun with mixing different elements together to complete my week four layout.

One thing I like to do is to keep the overall colour scheme consistent, so this means I often recolour elements. For instance this week, I recoloured the date stickers from Becky's Clementine kit to match the pink used on the rest of the layout. I also recoloured the tv journaling card by Splendid Fiins to make it pink! I even added a Dora the Explorer image to make it!

On page two, I used Becky's template D. You'll notice in the bottom, right corner I have four different photos within that one square. To do this, I added four separate square layers, added my photos to each square, merged each photo to its square layer and than merged all four layers to the layer in the template. This is a great way to add multiple pictures for one day! I've never done this before, as I usually stick to selecting one photo for each day of the week, but I can see me doing this more often going forward!





Supplies used:
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Love, love your work! Again, I'm wondering if you keep any traditional photo albums. I have transitioned over to digital and love the process, but I'm not sure if I should keep a traditional album around the house or not. Also, when you recolored the journaling card, how did you do it? I feel like if I try it, photoshop will recolor the entire card, filling in the tv as well. Same thing goes for Becky's day of the week stickers. In the past when I've selected to change the color of the element, I've had this problem. Any advice? you inspire my creativity so much. I love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I wish I knew who I was responding to :) I am glad I can inspire you!

    To answer your question, do I keep any traditional photo albums? No, not anymore. I did years ago, but since starting scrapbooking I don't. I not only do Project Life to document our everyday life, but I also keep scrapbooks for my girls and us as a family. Although, I will admit I don't keep them as updated as I would like, but that's okay. I will be sharing more about my process in upcoming blog posts, so keep coming back to learn more :)

    As for changing the colour of elements, etc. I am by no means an expert in Photo Shop. Your probably might be that you're not selecting exactly what part of the image you're wanting to recolour. It does take some practice to get it just right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri, I'm in love the freshness of your layouts, the colours that you choose and how you lay them out is so pretty and inspiring ! Loving the digi layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how bright and fun your layouts are. And the colour co-ordinating - I'm very jealous! Looks awesome. I'm trying a little bit of digital this year, I'm a complete novice so I'm taking VERY small steps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through Becky's CT post. It's so nice to see people using the digital version this way. I love all your bright colors, and I especially like your second page this week using the 6x6 template. I like the big journaling block with the divided picture block in the opposite corner. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this website. I have a question on how and where you print your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn,

    Thanks for stopping!

    At the end of the year, I print my weekly layouts as a book through Blurb.com. I have completed two books so far and I love them!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...