Every fall, I have our family photos taken. Last year was my first time capturing them myself using my tri-pod and remote. It went well, so I decided to do it again this year! This time things didn't go as smoothly because my remote wasn't working! That meant I had to use the self-timer and run to get into the family shots! Not easy to do, but it worked out and I am happy with the photos I was able to capture of our little family!
Before the big day, I always plan what we're going to wear. Seems easy to do, but for those of us who have done this, it's a lot harder then you would think!
I start with finding outfits for the girls. This year, I found a cute sweater dress for my youngest that I knew would be perfect and was the basis for what everyone else would wear.
Once I had the girl's outfits, the hunt for hair accessories was next. I always like to get them something different, something you can't just buy in a store!
That's when I contacted my friend and fellow Jessica Sprague Creative Team member, JenniferMcCabe.
She's the owner of the Etsy shop, Pretty in Posies.
I sent her a picture of the sweater dress and gave her an idea of what I was looking for. We had a couple emails back and forth and within a couple days of me emailing her she had these beautiful hair accessories in the mail for me!!
What really impressed me about Jenn, is that I had originally asked for two of the same, but at the last minute changed my mind and wanted a different design for my oldest to wear! Jenn was on it and had it ready to ship with the others that same day! What amazing customer service!! Not to mention, amazing quality of her product!! This isn't my first order from Jenn, so I knew what to expect, but I was still blown away by the quality of her work, considering I knew how quickly she put these together!
Here's a couple pictures of my beautiful girls and their amazing hair accessories. My oldest is wearing a tri-petal flower hair clip and my youngest is wearing a zinnia flower attached to a headband. Note: I am linking to similar products in Jenn's store so you can see them better.
So here it is....the Pretty in Posies Give-away......
- A headband lined with aqua blue pinked wool felt and clusters of turquoise, plum and cranberry felt flowers.
- Three hair clips: garden bloom felt flower hair clip in teal, tan and pink, a fabric slip-covered posie hair clip in pink & green, and a wool felt flower layered hair clip in raspberry with a plum herringbone wool and hand stitched accents.
- A wool tri cluster felt brooch in silver plum made with wine, plum and pale grey herringbone wool.
How to enter for a chance to win:
- Leave a comment on this post.
- Include your name and where you're from. Note: This giveaway is open internationally :)
- Comments will close at 9 pm EST on Friday, November 9, 2012.
- The winner will be posted on Saturday, November 10, 2012.
If the giveaway wasn't enough, Jenn has even offered all my blog readers 25% off her Pretty in Posies Etsy shop!! All you need to do is enter the coupon code: SHFRIENDS when you're checking out. It's valid starting today until December 31, 2012. How amazing is this?!?! It's just in time for Christmas shopping! Thanks Jenn!
I honestly can't say enough about Jenn. Not only can she design amazing hair accessories, she's an amazing digi scrapbooker too! Check out her gallery!