Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 title pages

I am finishing up my final weekly layouts for 2012 and with that comes putting my book together to print! I am SO excited to see it all come together!!! :)

I do things a bit different than most in that I create my title page for my book at the end of the year and not the beginning of the year. For me, I like to include family photos of us that were taken in that year. For me, that means using photos from the family photo I shoot I do every fall.

I am very happy with how it turned out! I used a title card from the new Mayfield Childhood edition and one from the Clementine edition (which I recoloured to match). And of course I used Ali Edwards 2012 word art.
Besides a title page for my book, I also create monthly title pages. I have only completed January and February, which I shared on my facebook page already.

This is how they'll appear in my book. Images on the right and a blank page on the left. For these I am using Becky's Template F. I flipped and rotated it so the 4x6 opening is in the bottom right corner. I'll be including random photos from that month, usually photos that I didn't include on my weekly layouts.


I'll be back to share the rest of my 2012 weekly layouts, as well as share my process for creating and printing my book through blurb.com.

I am also starting to plan out my approach for 2013. Although, I think what I did this year worked well, so I may just continue on doing what I've been doing :)

2 comments:

  1. Please keep posting your amazing Project Life layouts!!! You were my very FAVORITE member of the PL Creative Team last year. In fact, I was so inspired I think I may go digital for my 2013 Project Life. So glad you are part of the AC Digital Team!!! Can't wait to see what you do in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for such a kind compliment :) It really means A LOT!! I am so happy to hear I've inspired you to go digital. Trust me, you'll LOVE it! I wasn't sure at first, but now 8 years later, I love it more than ever!

    I am looking forward to documenting again in 2013. As always, I'll be sharing my layouts right here, so keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...