Wednesday, March 27, 2013

project life 2013 | week ten

Week ten was a very emotional week for our family. On Friday, March 8th, Heaven gained another Angel when my husband's grandmother passed away. She was 99 years old. She passed peacefully in her sleep.

Even now, almost three weeks later, it's hard to believe she's not here with us. She was an amazing woman, who from the day I met her (almost 18 years ago) has treated me like her own granddaughter. I am thankful that our girls got to spend the time they did with her. She will not be forgotten, she will live on in our memories and most importantly through the photos and stories I have captured for the girls.

For this week, I wanted a way to honour her. One way I did that was including the colour purple. It was her favourite colour. It's actually one of my favourite colours too, I wear a lot of purple. And so does Cayla! Ever since Cayla was born, when I would buy outfits for the girls, Alyssa always got pink and Cayla would get purple. We actually all wore purple to her funeral. I took a picture of the outfits I bought for the girls to wear. I also included a picture I took of her last spring while she was knitting. And then I had the girls hold my favourite picture of them with her. Again, so very thankful that they spent so much time with her. 




 


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to memorialise the girls great grandma ! Loved how you used the purple as it was her favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...