Saturday, June 28, 2014

thank you two peas in a bucket

Like many other scrapbookers out there, I was shocked and saddened to hear the news of Two Peas in a Bucket closing. This is how my profile page looks right now. It's sad to think that in a few weeks it'll be gone, along with the hundreds of layouts I've posted and the many message board posts I've written. Very sad to see this site go.


 

I joined in 2002. I was fairly new to scrapbooking at the time. I am not even sure how I stumbled on the website. I either did a search on scrapbooking or I possibly saw the name in a magazine. All I know is that ever since I found it, I have felt apart of a community.

In the early years I spent countless hours browsing the galleries. I was in awe of everyone. I had only just started paper scrapbooking a few years prior and didn't really feel like I was in the same category as soon of the ladies who were posting. I just remember feeling so inspired by everything I was seeing! Once I started posting my layouts and receiving feedback, I was hooked.

It was at 2Peas that I saw my first digital layouts! I loved it and wanted to know how I could do it too! Everyone on the message boards were so helpful.


In the spring of 2009, I was happily posting layouts and doing my thing when I was asked to be a Garden Girl. To be honest, I really didn't know much about the Garden Girls. I always thought it was for the elite scrapbookers and there was no way that little old me would ever get to that status!!!

I am so thankful to those who recommended me and to 2Peas for allowing me such an amazing opportunity! It was only for a short time, but it was truly a life changing experience that I will always remember!! The layouts with the grey border around them are just some of the layouts I created while a Garden Girl.

 

When I was a Garden Girl, I found these cute t-shirts at Old Navy for my girls. The shirt says, "Mom's lil Garden Girl". How perfect are these shirts and of course these cute little girls!! I snap a few pictures of them in their shirts and created this layout! I still have these t-shirts!



While browsing the board the other day, I thought it would be fun to pull up my most liked and most viewed layouts.

Here's my MOST LIKED layout....as chosen by other 2Peas :)


My MOST VIEWED layout with 1106 views....


Thank you Two Peas for all the wonderful inspiration, the opportunity to be apart of something so amazing and for being a home to everyone, whether you were a paper scrapbooker, photographer or digi scrapbooker...you welcomed all of us with open arms and allowed us to share our passion for preserving memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...