Sunday, January 11, 2015

project life 2015 | week one

Hello 2015!!!

There is something about the start of a new year that I love...new beginnings, starting fresh, etc...love it!

That first day I struggle to find my groove again. Not sure why that is, since I've been doing this for so many years, it should just come naturally. But for some reason on January 1, I find myself rethinking what I've always done and wondering if it's what I want to continue to do and asking myself if I should change things up! I usually don't change a thing and just jump right back into the groove.

There is one thing I "think" I'll change this year and that's my template. I have been using the Project Life templates since 2012 and even though I still love them, I have been admiring the square corners more than the rounded corners. So what's a girl to do? Create my own! I just used the rectangle shape tool in Photoshop Elements and created my own. It really is super easy! For now, I've just created a version to mimic the Project Life Template A. I haven't decided if I'll stick with it, but I have to be honest, I am really loving this small change! You tell me...square or rounded corners? What do you prefer?


Besides the template change, I am keeping everything else about my process the same. Like in the past, I'll be including lots of everyday photos and the stories behind the photos, along with using varied Project Life editions, theme kits and mini kits to pretty up my pages. To start off the new year, I decided to use the Project Life | Project 52 edition for my week one.

And here's how my week one of 2015 turned out....


The photo of my girls with their Happy New Year hats was actually taken on New Years eve, but I loved it so much that I wanted to include it here too. The twenty fifteen card is from Paislee Press

We had a green Christmas, which hasn't happened for us since 2006! It felt odd not having snow, but at the same time, it was great for traveling. Then it finally snowed! I hate to admit it but I was happy to see the snow! (shhhh...snow is a bad word to some!) The girls were on Christmas break and really wanted to play in the snow..their wish came true that weekend!

The bottom photo of my youngest was actually taken today! I wanted to document her new smile, as she lost three teeth over the Christmas break. The third one she lost that Sunday, so it felt right to include that photo on this week. I often do that. I am not strict about what photos go where, just as long as the story gets documented. 


I won't always find time to blog, so if you really want to see the latest and greatest from me, hop over to my Sheri Mae Designs facebook page and click the Like button! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice week!
    I prefer square corners too ;-)
    Your girls are lovely ♥
    Regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...